MEGGLE - high quality crystalline lactose producers, designed for DPIs
MEGGLE has developed a specialty lactose grade, InhaLac®, to help meet the challenges associated with dry powder inhalation (DPI).
Inhalation aerosols offers the potential for needle-free systemic delivery of small molecule drugs as well as therapeutic peptides and proteins. An industry standard in dry power inhalation formulation development, lactose monohydrate is used safely in DPI formulations. Using lactose as an excipient not only improves performance efficiency of the inhaler, but also facilitates powder handling during production. Effective performance of a dry powder inhaler largely depends on the carrier material used for the drug formulation.
With our highly controlled production process different high quality sieved and milled grades are obtained, providing an adequate range of particle sizes – making them behave as individual particles.
Shelf life / Retest:
25 kg - Carton box with PE-EVOH-PE + OPP-ALU-PE liner
Particle size distribution
[Laser light diffraction]
- x10: 7-22 µm
- x50: 40-70 µm
- x90: 80-120 µm
- Bulk Density [g/l]: 640
- Tapped Density [g/l] : 880
- Hausner factor: 1.38
- Carrs index: 27 %
- Dedicated production process
- Tailor-made products with specific powder characteristics
- Highest microbial quality including low endotoxins
- Available in a broad spectrum of sieve cuts to meet your criteria
Areas of Application
- With InhaLac®, MEGGLE can offer customized milled and sieved fractions - specifically and efficiently prepared to meet your DPI formulation needs.